Trying to put together a website from scratch for the first time can be a daunting experience. There are a huge number of web designers and agencies out there but how do you choose who will be best for you to work with? Well here’s a list of some handy tips to help you answer that question.
- Ask them for testimonials from previous clients. Ideally people they’ve worked with recently on similar projects to your own.
- Be very clear about what you are looking for. Do you need branding? business cards? an online shop? List your requirements and make sure the agency can deliver these.
- Give the agency a call or meet face to face. A website project can be complex and you’ll need to know that you get on with the team that you’ll be working with.
- Take a look at the agencies portfolio or ask for examples of their work. Do they make sites that you love?
- Try to find out what makes the agency different. Why do their clients choose them over the competition?
- Ask them what happens if you aren’t happy with something or need to cancel the project halfway through?
- Find out how the project will be structured. What is their payment schedule? Do the timescales match your expectations?
- What happens once the site is live? How will they support you to grow your site?
- Get help and clarity by preparing a brief for your project. In fact you can get one from us if you like… website design brief
- Try to be precise. Don’t expect an agency to know what you mean by ‘retro’ or ‘funky’ without providing clear examples and visual references. Ambiguity will cost you time and money!
Do you know anyone who may be interested in this project?
Click to share: