The folks at Corbis, a leading digital media company, recently commissioned the Vu Online team to design and develop an online design competition platform, titled Make Your Mark, that is able to be re-purposed for future competitions in the company’s other markets.
The site provides designers with creative assets to create a campaign to promote their favourite social cause and a chance to win a £1,000 donation for their charity, as well as have their award-winning work featured in Computer Arts Magazine, the Creative Bloq and Novum Websites.
It was a fast-paced, international project involving Corbis teams across the UK, Germany, France and the US. We worked closely with the London based marketing team to coordinate the work.
- Create a multilingual platform which could be run in any number of languages (currently English, French and German),
- Offer a download functionality for the assets to be used,
- Allow entries to be uploaded to the site for review by the contest moderator,
- Develop a requirement allowing significant control over the gallery for successful submissions,
- Allow participants to share entries via social media integration
- Include voting functionality,
- Build functionality for a multilingual mailing system to keep participants informed about the status of their entries.
- Integrate the system with Corbis’ extensive data tracking requirements.
The first competition, using the system based on our own VuCMS, is now live. Have a look over here and if you’re up for it, why not take part! It’s an opportunity to utilize your talent to support the cause of your choice.
If you have a digital project to discuss, get in touch with Web design experts from Devon.
Do you know anyone who may be interested in this project?
Click to share: