What will I get from a workshop?
This is perfect if you:
What does a workshop entail?
Its so simple, all you really need is the 5P’s, find out what they are and why we think they are so powerful
- Are worried that your data isn’t handled securely
- Aren’t sure what legal docs you need
- Have out of date systems to store your data
Workshops by their very nature are there to bend and flex to meet your ideas, so you may come out of it with all sorts of valuable insight you didn’t expect, but focussing the conversation on the above we will help you with the following.
What you will gain:
- What to do to become GDPR compliant
- How to create up to date policies and processes
Data is everywhere
All businesses have customer data. It’s on paper, in drawers, on USB drives, on personal devices, in networks and in the cloud. It’s everywhere. Do you really understand what you have and what your responsibilities are?
There’s no “kitemark” for data processing and storage, but a responsible attitude starts with understanding what you have, where it is and what it’s used for. That’s your responsibility and we’ll help you get some clarity and build trust with your customers.
- Any business that keeps customer data for any reason
Objective of the workshop
During the session we’ll:
- Discover what kinds of customer data you keep
- Discover any special category data use
- List where it’s stored
- Discover how it’s processed and ask the big question about legitimate use
- Discover a retention policy that works for the business
- Role play a customer Subject Access Request
Who should likely attend
The workshop is suitable for groups of 2-4 people, can take place at your business or online and is designed for:
- Business owners
- Operation managers
Time needed from you
- 2 hour workshop in person or online
- A compliant data and privacy statement for public use
- Clarity on your personal data risk
- A retention and deletion strategy
- A list of data storage places for future reference